What Is Lead Generation?
This refers to the process of directing strangers to the products/services of a business. Organizations could use either inbound or outbound strategies to generate leads. The former usually involves content marketing and advertising. The latter involves telemarketing and sending cold emails. In an outbound call center, this makes up the primary tasks of a lead generation specialist. Other tasks include lead mining, cold calling, and in some cases, appointment-setting.
Why You Should Outsource Lead Generation
While some businesses prefer to do it in-house, others opt to outsource this function. Here are the primary reasons they choose to outsource:
- To have trained lead generation specialists. Finding the right individual to fulfill the demands of a role is tedious. The number of interviews and profiles to go through takes a toll on productivity. Outsourcing is a source of relief for businesses who need immediate talent.
- To increase the efficiency of their sales process. By leaving the tier 1 part of the sales process to an offshore staff, the in-house sales team can go straight to closing deals. They will no longer spend time cold calling and lead mining, thus optimizing productivity. Businesses can also ask outsourced lead generation specialists to set up appointments with prospects. This ensures that the leads the sales team speaks to are genuinely interested in the company’s products/services.
- To reduce operational expenses. The costs of doing lead generation in-house is comparatively higher than outsourcing the function offshore. The workstation, computers, Internet, and other supplies will no longer be a burden to businesses who outsource. All of these are already included in the pay package they discussed with the vendor.
Examples of Industries That Outsource Lead Generation
- Financial Services
- Information Technology & Software
- Real Estate
When You Should Outsource Lead Generation
- When you aim to maximize business productivity
- When you aim to increase the efficiency of the sales process
- When you want to save time on training and recruitment
- When you are looking to cut operating costs
- When you have limited resources to support your business growth
Where You Should Outsource Lead Generation
In outsourcing lead generation, be mindful of the following factors to make the most out of your investment:
- Cost of living
- Labor costs
- Cultural compatibility
Thinking about these factors can help you decide which outsourcing destination is the best to manage your lead generation. Just to give you an idea, India, China and the Philippines are the major countries that compete to be the top outsourcing destination. Among these players, the Philippines is the most-preferred for voice BPO, including lead generation. This is because of the following characteristics the Filipino workforce possesses:
- Proficiency in speaking the English language
- A neutral accent that is understandable by the majority
- High competency in meeting the demands of voice BPO roles
- Strong western cultural influences
In the Philippines, Anderson Group BPO is a known BPO provider that has helped clients raise bottom lines by generating sales-ready leads. One of its prevailing clients is a Digital Marketing firm that was able to grow its business by 30% since outsourcing its lead generation to Anderson Group BPO.
How You Should Outsource Lead Generation
Here are the steps you should take once you decide to outsource lead generation:
- Identify the problem in your business that you want to solve.
- Explore possible solutions that can help you solve the problem. Scour the internet to find more information about outsourcing: the top outsourcing destinations and the best outsourcing vendors.
- Contact the outsourcing vendor that you deem fit to help you solve your problems.
- Define the problem or aim you have initially identified. The vendor will further investigate your sales process.
If everything goes smoothly with your meeting with the vendor, the next step could be a discussion about a future partnership.
If you have any further questions about this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to contact us.