What Is Customer Service?
Customer service refers to the assistance that a company provides for its customers. It usually involves answering questions about products or services and addressing complaints. It may occur before, during, or most commonly after a purchase has been made. The primary goal of customer service is to improve customer satisfaction.
Customer service is often confused with customer care, which is the way a business takes care of its customers as they interact with a brand. It goes to a higher level than customer service because it involves establishing a connection with customers. Both services contribute to a customer’s total experience with a brand.
Due to the advancements in technology, customers now have email, chat, social media, and mobile SMS as channel options for customer service apart from the phone and face-to-face interaction. Despite the availability of these new options, research shows that majority of customers still opt for the phone medium. Customers who prefer this conventional channel believe that calling is still the best way to resolve issues, receive accurate information, and explain complaints.
In an inbound call center, employees in-charge of customer service are known as Customer Service Representatives or CSRs. Their main duties comprise addressing product or service inquiries, account inquiries, billing issues, and complaints.
Benefits of Outsourcing Customer Service
During the early days of the Business Process Outsourcing Industry, customer service is the primary function that companies outsource. It is the key solution that BPO firms compete to manage for businesses. Though BPO firms have also become popularly sought for other business functions such as IT and web development, customer service still remains as a key function to be outsourced.
By outsourcing Customer Service, companies are able to:
Provide round-the-clock customer service.
It is undeniable that the phone medium is costly. Many businesses opt to outsource this function offshore to reduce costs. With costs lowered, they become financially-equipped to provide 24/7 operations. By having a competent agent answer calls round-the-clock, businesses gain an edge in achieving the ultimate objective of customer service.
Not all businesses have the financial capacity to hire an in-house staff to answer calls. Some companies assign employees to add answering calls to their daily task list. While this is possible, it can weaken their productivity. Outsourcing the function helps a business maximize its time and effort to maintain operations while ensuring customer satisfaction. Outsourcing also enables businesses to start customer service operations immediately.
Many businesses choose to outsource customer service offshore because of the positive implications it entails on costs. A BPO firm already has the necessary tools and space to do the task efficiently. Some also offshore to access quality talent at a cost-competitive price.
Fortify the process for customer service.
Outsourcing firms have the expertise in customer service. They have a developed process for the execution of the service and the training for agents. With customer service crucial to revenue growth, some businesses outsource to ensure the quality of customer service that their customers receive.
Examples of Industries That Outsource Customer Service
- Financial Services
- Information Technology and Software
When You Should Outsource Customer Service
- When you are aiming to acquire new customers
- When you have limited resources to support business expansion
- When customer satisfaction is down
- When you want to improve your company’s reputation
- When you are losing customers
- When you are abandoning calls
- When you are looking to reduce operational costs
- When you want to start your operations immediately
- When you are getting too many calls
- When you are getting too many complaints
Where You Should Outsource Customer Service
The decision about which location and vendor you shall outsource your customer service is crucial. To ensure that you make the right choices, spare ample time to research about outsourcing online. Find reliable resources about the prime outsourcing locations worldwide and the top outsourcing vendors in that specific country.
Usually, there is a type of service that a location or vendor is known for. For example, India is known for IT solutions. The Philippines, on the other hand, has been consistently at the top of destinations looked into for inbound and outbound call center services. The following characteristics of the country’s workforce are the main reasons why businesses prefer the country for voice BPO.
- Filipinos are cordial and courteous
- Filipinos have a neutral accent
- Filipinos are fluent in speaking the English language
- Filipinos are highly literate
- Filipinos embrace the western culture
For an elaborate explanation of these characteristics, check out this post.
Anderson Group BPO
In the Philippines, Anderson Group BPO is a BPO provider that has grown from a handful to a hundred in a short period of time. In just four years, the company now has three sites in various central business districts in the Philippines. The addresses of its sites are as follows:
- Unit 1504 Ecotower Building 32nd Street corner 9th Avenue Bonifacio Global City Taguig City
- 11th floor Wynsum Corporate Plaza, #22 F. Ortigas Jr. Road Ortigas Center Pasig City
- 20th floor Robinsons Cybergate 3 Pioneer St. Mandaluyong Metro Manila
How You Should Outsource Customer Service
- Identify the business problem you want to solve. If you are looking to outsource customer care, possible problems you may have encountered are call abandonment, customer loss, and low customer satisfaction.
- Explore solutions to the problem. There’s a wide array of resources on the Internet about outsourcing that can help you. Look into the reliable rosters of the top outsourcing locations and the top outsourcing vendors.
- Contact the outsourcing vendor of your choosing. Among all the outsourcing vendors you have found while doing your research online, pick one that you think will best help you solve your problem.
- Tackle the problem you have identified in your business. Discuss your problem with the vendor. In return, the vendor will mention possible outsourcing services that can help solve your problem.
The outcome of the fourth step will determine the succeeding steps to take. If you decided to avail the vendor’s outsourcing services, the next step could probably be visiting the vendor to see its facility and discuss specific details about the outsourcing deal.
If you have further questions about this, don’t hesitate to contact us.