Gmail has come a long way in enabling amazing business possibilities to happen. When you think about it, several business goals such as client acquisitions came to fruition because of email exchanges on the platform. Its value is especially felt among startups who are working to grow.
Just last April 25, Google has announced something that can further help users, especially startups, do more on Gmail in a secure way. Google began the phased rollout of the new Gmail design, which aims to “make people feel safer and more productive”. With the phased rollout type of migration process, this means that only specific users were able to experience the new Gmail initially.
How to Apply the new Gmail design
To apply the new Gmail, click the settings button on the upper right side of the platform. In the drop-down menu, select “Try new Gmail”. If you don’t like the new design, no worries. You can “Go back to the classic Gmail” by selecting this option after clicking the settings button once again.
Features of the new Gmail design
- Confidential mode. In sending an email to someone, there’s a confidential button which you may find on the lower part of the new message composition box. This button enables you to:
– Set the expiration date of an email
– Prevent a recipient from forwarding, copying, downloading, and printing contents of an email
– Have the option to authenticate the identity of a recipient by making them send a passcode
- Email snoozing. Another key feature of the new Gmail is email snoozing. It removes a particular email from your inbox until the time you set it to pop again. It is found together with other email actions such as mark as read/unread, delete and archive.
- Right-hand side panel. Among all the changes in the new Gmail, one of the biggest is the availability of the right-hand side panel. This panel integrates other apps of Google including Keep, Calendar, and Tasks. But that’s not where the awesomeness about it ends. Another great thing about it is that you can add more applications that work with Gmail such as Trello, Asana, and Zoom. This all for the purpose of improving your productivity and efficiency.
The new Gmail also enables the following:
- Download email attachments without actually opening the email
- Collapse the left side panel for a wider view of the main email items
- Have three options for display density: default, comfortable, and compact.
With these additional features, startups can be more efficient in accomplishing tasks that can help them expand such as lead generation and appointment setting. But even when the new Gmail can be helpful, it doesn’t erase the fact that these tasks are laborious. A solution that majority of startups do is to outsource these tasks to an offshore provider. By offshoring, they are able to take advantage of the following perks:
- Gain experts that can meet their sales goals
- Improve operational efficiency
- Increase sales
- Maximize business productivity
- Focus on other income-generating tasks
If you hope to learn more about this opportunity, our team is always available to help you. Just fill out the form below and expect a call from us at the time you indicated.
Business Development Manager
Anderson Group BPO, Inc.
Book a phone meeting with me Click Here