Despite the rise of communication channels for customer service, the phone remains to be the most sought-after.
Technology has expanded the horizons of customer service. What used to be limited to the phone and in-person interaction can now be delivered through a myriad of non-voice communication channels such as mobile SMS, live chat, email, and social media. The abundance of these options gives rise to the question of which channel should a business invest in to maximize its limited resources. It has also led some to question the relevance of phones in today’s time.
In Contact Center Week’s most recent Digital Executive Report on Customer Experience, it was revealed that customers still prefer using the phone for customer service among all the other customer service channels available. From our own experiences, we may already know the possible reasons why this is the case. It may be due to being able to get answers immediately for urgent matters or easily find explanations for complications. From a personal standpoint, it’s probably the assurance on the accuracy of information that talking to a live person gives. In the study mentioned above, the same reasons were mentioned. To elaborate, here are the statistics featured in the study in relation to why customers prefer to call:
- 85% thinks that calling through phone will mean faster resolution of issues
- 46% prefers talking to a live person about their complaints
- 30% believes calling is the best way to receive correct information
Based on this data, the study concluded that customers prefer calling for complicated matters and only opt for non-voice channels for simple transactions. Another study supported this conclusion and claimed that customers see the phone as the medium for complex and lengthy interactions. These findings reinforce not only the need for companies to have a phone for customer service but also the need to handle incoming calls competently.
Call Center Outsourcing
For the past years, businesses from Australia, UK, and the US have chosen to outsource their call center operations for customer service. In another blog, we have touched on the top reasons why. But to simply put it, the popularity is mostly because of the following advantages that they can enjoy:
- A boost in revenue growth. The process that an outsourcing vendor has for call center operations has been tried and tested to attain customer satisfaction. With satisfied customers, a company can expect an improvement in customer retention and loyalty, thus spurring an increase in sales.
- Improve customer satisfaction. Outsourcing gives businesses the option to have 24/7 call center operations. With it, customers can enjoy shorter waiting time and immediate attention.
- Reduced costs. The outsourcing vendor already has the infrastructure, equipment, and technology to start call center operations. With these already in place, a business can reduce operational expenses and increase productivity.
Business owners can further leverage on these aforementioned benefits if they choose the right location and the right outsourcing vendor to partner with. Just so, you already have an option to check out; the Philippines has been the number one outsourcing destination for voice-related BPO services including customer service. It is primarily because of the unique characteristics of its labor force.
From the data above, the argument is strong about the vitality of the phone in customer service. It is even more important now with customers seeing it as the medium of choice to settle complicated issues. These shall give businesses enough motivation to continue or start implementing the phone for customer service.
Notwithstanding this proven importance, the fact remains that phones can be costly. Businesses that seek a cost-effective way to improve customer service find solace in outsourcing call center operations to countries like the Philippines. In doing so, they are able to increase bottom lines while reducing operational costs.
If this is an opportunity you hope to learn more about, don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be more than willing to help you.
Business Development Manager Philippines: +63-917-869-8070 Australia: +61-2-851-812-64 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulsalud/ Website: https://andersonbpoinc.com/
Anderson Group BPO, Inc.
Book a phone meeting with me Click Here
Business Development Manager