Every business understands that accurate records of data are essential to ensuring the smooth flow of operations. For example, a business can’t successfully execute a direct mail marketing campaign if it has an erroneous database of customer addresses. If a business acts on wrong data unknowingly, it can not only suffer money losses but also put its hard-earned integrity at stake. This is why data cleaning should be an integral component of your data management efforts.
What Is Data Cleaning?
In a nutshell, data cleaning or data cleansing refers to the process of detecting and correcting errors in a database or record system. An error can mean a piece of information that is incomplete, inaccurate, outdated or duplicated. Usually, it occurs in a database plainly because humans are imperfect. Simply put, they are capable of making mistakes.
Data cleansing is a reactive approach to correcting errors in a database. It’s in contrast with data validation which denotes a proactive approach to correcting errors in a database. An employee for data validation already corrects an erroneous piece of information prior to entering it into a record system. Although data validation is also necessary towards maintaining a high-quality database, data cleansing recognizes the reality of human error; that there are times where an employee could fail to detect an erroneous information at the point of entry.
An employee for data cleansing could ensure that a database is reliable to refer to by either removing or modifying errors. One of the ways that he or she can accomplish this is by cross-checking it with an already checked database. Some examples of the databases that can undergo data cleansing are CRM systems, online and offline databases.
Data Cleansing Services
Indeed, data cleansing is vital in ensuring that your business runs smoothly. The process, however, can be time-consuming. When you add it to the tasks of your in-house employees, overall business productivity can decrease. Hiring additional staff, on the other hand, can also take a considerable amount of time and money. In the middle of these roadblocks can outsourcing help. Companies who choose to outsource offshore are able to take advantage of a quality output at a much lower price.
On a side note, we are an outsourcing solutions provider from the Philippines that aims to contribute to the success of businesses worldwide. While we provide solutions to businesses of all sorts, we specialize in helping startups and SMEs grow through our contact center and back-office solutions including data cleansing. Our humble company is ISO IEC 27001:2013 Certified, by the way. This attests that we are capable to protect information against uncertainties such as breaches, leaks, and hacks.
The list below comprises the primary benefits you can enjoy by outsourcing data cleaning outside your country. Of course, you can only reap all these benefits with the right BPO Company.
Benefits of Outsourcing Data Cleaning
- You can improve the quality of your data. Your outsourcing solutions provider shall have a skilled team and essential technology to provide you with a quality output. With the right partner, you can expect faster turnaround times.
- You can maximize productivity. In outsourcing, you surrender the control over the data cleansing operations to your BPO provider. You will no longer need to spend time on managing staff. As a result, you can save a lot of time which you may use to focus on other areas of your business.
- You can ensure the smooth flow of your operations. As mentioned, a reliable database is essential to deliver correct business actions. With a competent BPO partner, you can deliver the informed decisions always.
- You can take advantage of an error-free database at a much lower price. Outsourcing has been around for more than a decade now. Companies all over the world primarily venture into outsourcing because of its benefit on cost. Labor costs are much cheaper in offshore countries like the Philippines. You can even incur more savings because you will not be responsible for the operational expenses that an on-site, additional staff entail. This includes the workstation, computer, and other office supplies.
- You don’t need to spend resources on hiring and training staff. Outsourcing removes the burden of recruitment. You don’t need to assess and wait until a suitable candidate walks in your office to apply. Your outsourcing solutions provider will be held liable for hiring and training staff.
- You can lower down operational costs drastically. Outsourcing means surrendering control of a certain task, data cleansing in this case, to the outsourcing solutions provider. Your provider will take care of everything from the talent down to equipment.
Industries That Outsource Data Cleaning
Any business who lacks the time and are looking for cost-efficient ways to maintain a reliable database can outsource data cleaning. But just to give you an idea, businesses that belong to these industries are the most common to outsource data cleaning.
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Legal Services
- Law enforcement
- Banking and Finance
When to Outsource Data Cleaning
You probably noticed how we often emphasize the need to be cautious in choosing a BPO partner. Well, it’s because the outcome of your outsourcing venture heavily relies on it. As you know, there’s always a risk to any investment. In outsourcing, risks may include the loss of visibility and control. Among many other ways, the best way to mitigate these risks is to choose the right BPO Company to partner with. Before deciding to outsource, take an ample amount of time to research on outsourcing first. The web contains multiple resources to equip you with the essential knowledge to make the right choice.
But when do you know if it’s time to outsource data cleaning? Well, if you want the majority of the following for your business, then it’s probably best to consider outsourcing the task offshore.
- Improve the quality of data
- Maximize productivity
- Run business smoothly
- Make informed business decisions
- Remove the burden of managing staff
- Deliver accurate actions
- Gain competent labor at an affordable price
- Access the best practices
- Reduce operational costs
- Guarantee the security of shared business information
- Enjoy faster turnaround times
- Focus on core business function
- Save time on hiring staff
- Guarantee quality services
- Obtain quality output at a low price
Again, please note that you can only take advantage of all these perks with the right outsourcing solutions provider.
Outsourcing in the Philippines
Who are the major powerhouses of BPO?
India – US $ 154 Billion in revenue (2017)
China – US $ 130.9 Billion (2015)
Philippines – US $ 22.9 Billion in revenue (2016)
English is our adopted language
Produce 450,000 college graduates annually
Has low Philippine currency exchange rates
Offers the cheapest office spaces in Asia
Our government supports BPOs with PEZA Tax benefits
No.1 Trending Country as the Top Voice Outsourcing Destination (according to international research)
2nd in non-voice complex services
Top 3 IT-BPO global locations, after India and China
In the Top 10 worldwide outsourcing destinations
The Anderson Advantage
The business landscape is evolving rapidly and as a business, it takes more than passion and will to stay ahead of the competition. You will need strong tactics with all the support you can get in the most cost-effective way. Expanding your business with us gives you access to a suite of comprehensive solutions and world-class services allowing you to rival with companies alike and even compete with the big businesses. We aim to empower your business and provide coherent support for you to be able to reach your goals.
Global expertise, Global Standards
We are ISO 27001:2013 certified which guarantees you that all your company’s data is secured.
Get access to a vast pool of talents giving your brand experts in specific fields when you need it.
An Extension of Your Brand
When you succeed, we also succeed. We aim to help you build a strong and robust extension of your business.
There is no one size fits all solution for all businesses. We make sure that we deliver a customized concoction that is compatible with your brand.
How do I start outsourcing?
Outsourcing is more than just a way to reduce costs. Its benefits can be astonishing if you outsource to the right BPO company. To guarantee the best value out of your outsourcing venture, follow the steps below.
- Identify the challenge that you want to address through outsourcing.
- Research on outsourcing. Find out the top outsourcing locations in the world and their outsourcing vendors. List the BPO vendors that you deem promising to help you.
- Choose one vendor from your list. Look for its contact information and reach out.
- Explain the challenges you have identified initially. During the exchange, the vendor will ask more about your processes to know which service is the best to help you.
The outcome of the fourth step will determine what will happen next. If the discussion went well, then the next step can be a deeper discussion about your partnership. Otherwise, go back to step number three.
If you want to know more about this opportunity, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are more than happy to help you!
Business Development Manager
Anderson Group BPO, Inc.
Book a phone meeting with me Click Here