In general, accurate records of business information is critical to the success of an organization. For example, a business cannot connect with prospect B2B clients if it has an outdated record of their contact information. This proven importance of data in business operations emphasizes the need to ensure its safety.
Before, a business can only secure information by means of physical storage. With the advancements in technology, it now has digitization as an option. In a nutshell, digitization enables you to:
- Secure data better. Digitization gives you the option to save documents online. This removes the worry of losing important files because of inevitable human errors such as beverage spills and hazards such as floods and fires.
- Save space. Digitization brings about cost savings. You will no longer spend on file cabinets as a means to store hard copies of your data. Consequently, you can free up space that you may use once you expand in the future.
- Find information easily. With just a few clicks, you can find the information you need when you digitize your files. As a result, you are able to maximize productivity.
Indeed, digitization helps in keeping information safer and more accessible. One of the ways that a business can digitize documents is through data entry.
What Is Data Entry?
Data entry refers to the process of entering or updating information in a database. A data entry worker accomplishes this through the use of a keyboard or with the help of an optical scanner. The information that a data entry worker enters can either be textual or numeric. It can come from scanned files, audio files, or handwritten documents.
Nowadays, it is rare for data entry workers to enter information from handwritten documents. With the advancements in technology, there’s now what you call an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) system that deals with handwritten documents firstly.
It scans the text in a printed or written document to convert it electronically. However, the accuracy of an OCR in converting files depend on the quality of the original document. This is why there’s still a constant need for data entry workers. Simply put, data entry workers fill the rooms for improvement in the file that the OCR leaves.
Indeed, data entry is a meticulous and tedious task. The job requires someone with proficient typing skills and keen attention to detail. The latter trait is even more crucial when the information involved is numeric such as contact numbers, invoice forms, and bills. One mistake can make the entire information wrong. Data entry also requires workers who can practice discretion as companies may entrust them with confidential business information.
Outsourcing Data Entry
Although data entry is a great way to digitize documents, the truth remains that it is a time-consuming process. For this reason, numerous companies are outsourcing the task instead. This lets them take advantage of quality service at a much lower price.
Anderson Group BPO’s detail-oriented team can handle all the information you confront with every day. You can be at ease with the information you’ll share with us because we are ISO IEC 27001:2013. This attests to the reliability of our people, processes, and systems in protecting information against uncertainties. This includes leaks, breaches, and hacks.
Below are some of the data that we can help you with:
Benefits of Outsourcing Data Entry
For the benefits of outsourcing data entry, check out the list below.
Guaranteed confidentiality of business data
Getting a reliable BPO partner is crucial in outsourcing data entry because you will need to share internal business information. It’s important that you assess the information security protocols and the technology that a vendor has in place.
Greater focus on core competency
Outsourcing removes a bulk of burdens for business owners. For one, it helps them cut overhead expenses. It also helps them save time in obtaining skilled data entry operators. As a result, they are able to allocate key resources on the most important aspect of their business operations.
Lower down operational expenses
Let’s face it. Skilled data entry workers within your country can be expensive. In outsourcing, you can access quality labor at an affordable price. The outsourcing firm will also be responsible for the computers and workstations that data entry operators shall need. In return, you are able to incur a lot of cost savings.
Instant access to skilled data entry workers
Talent acquisition is a universal challenge for any business, especially for startups and SMEs. By outsourcing, you will no longer need to go through the hassles of recruitment. You could obtain detail-oriented professionals that can organize your database accurately and immediately.
Faster turnaround times
BPO companies have the right people and state-of-the-art technology to manage data. You can expert faster turnaround times when you outsource data entry to a reliable outsourcing solutions provider.
Industries That Outsource Data Entry
Usually, businesses that belong to the industries below are the most common to outsource data entry:
When to Outsource Data Entry?
True enough, going paperless seems to be the best way to go these days. Not only does it help in saving the environment, but it also helps you make information safer and more accessible. As mentioned, however, digitizing documents can take time, which is difficult to spare given your other commitments. This is where outsourcing can help. If you want the following for your business, then it’s probably best to outsource the task offshore:
- Gain competent labor at an affordable price
- Secure large volumes of information
- Update database immediately
- Reduce operational costs
- Guarantee the security of shared business information
- Enjoy faster turnaround times
- Focus on core business function
- Save time on hiring staff
- Guarantee quality services
- Ensure the smooth flow of business operations
Outsourcing in the Philippines
Who are the major powerhouses of BPO?
- India – US $ 154 Billion in revenue (2017)
- China – US $ 130.9 Billion (2015)
- Philippines – US $ 22.9 Billion in revenue (2016)
Why the Philippines?
- English is our adopted language
- Produce 450,000 college graduates annually
- Has low Philippine currency exchange rates
- Offers the cheapest office spaces in Asia
- Our government supports BPOs with PEZA Tax benefits
- No.1 Trending Country as the Top Voice Outsourcing Destination (according to international research)
- 2nd in non-voice complex services
- Top 3 IT-BPO global locations, after India and China
- In the Top 10 worldwide outsourcing destinations
How do I start outsourcing?
Outsourcing is more than just a way to reduce costs. Its benefits can be astonishing if you outsource to the right BPO company. To guarantee the best value out of your outsourcing venture, follow the steps below.
- Identify the challenge that you want to address through outsourcing.
- Research on outsourcing. Find out the top outsourcing locations in the world and their outsourcing vendors. List the BPO vendors that you deem promising to help you.
- Choose one vendor from your list. Look for its contact information and reach out.
- Explain the challenges you have identified initially. During the exchange, the vendor will ask more about your processes to know which service is the best to help you.
The outcome of the fourth step will determine what will happen next. If the discussion went well, then the next step can be a deeper discussion about your partnership. Otherwise, go back to step number three.