Customers are the most valuable asset of a business. Needless to say, they are the primary reason why your business continues to thrive. In this highly competitive world, an efficient inbound call center service is necessary to maintain good customer relationships and achieve brand loyalty.
What Is an Inbound Call Center?
Let’s begin this by defining a call center first. A call center is a department dedicated to call customers or answer calls from customers. If it’s used for the latter purpose, then it’s an inbound call center. Simply put, an inbound call center manages the incoming calls from existing and potential customers. An inbound call center agent may handle calls for technical support, product or service inquiry, account inquiry, booking, complaints, and so on.
Typically, here’s what happens in an inbound call center. First, an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) will answer an incoming call. The IVR uses voice input and keypad tones to determine what to do next. There are two courses of action that it can take: respond an automated message or transfer the incoming call to an agent. In transferring calls, an inbound call center typically uses an Automated Call Distributor (ACD). The ACD makes sure that a call goes to an unoccupied agent.
A business uses Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to determine the efficiency of call center agents. For inbound call center agents, the most common KPIs are First Call Resolution, Average Handle Time, and Abandoned Call Rates.
With the advancements in technology, customers can now reach organizations through non-voice communication channels. This includes live chat, email, mobile SMS, and social media. Despite this progress, however, research shows that the majority of customers still prefer calling when connecting with a business.
The research claims that most customers still regard the voice channel as the best way to receive the right responses, explain complaints, and resolve issues. Authors of the research also concluded that customers now see the phone as the medium for complex and long interactions. This emphasizes the need for an efficient inbound call center.
Inbound Call Services
While inbound call center operations may be done in-house, several businesses are availing inbound call services offshore. By offshoring to outsourcing countries, they can tap world-class talent and the latest call center technology at a fraction of a cost. Among the outsourcing countries, the Philippines is number one for call center services. This is because of the country’s competent workforce.
On a side note, Anderson Group BPO is an outsourcing provider from the Philippines that helps companies reach their goals through customized business solutions. We specialize in helping startups and small to medium companies explore the same opportunities that big companies do by serving as ambassadors and extensions of their brand.
Benefits of Inbound Call Services Offshore
Offshore inbound call services and take advantage of the following perks!
Lower labor costs
Obtain a competitive edge
Reduced operational costs
A boost in revenue
Greater focus on core competencies
Assured confidentiality of business data
Industries That Offshore Inbound Call Services
IT and Software
When to Offshore Inbound Call Services
Every business venture comes with a risk, and outsourcing is no exception. Although there are available ways to counter the risks of outsourcing, the best way is to choose the right outsourcing partner. It is the key. Needless to say, all the benefits of outsourcing will only be possible with the right outsourcing partner. This is why it’s highly important that you equip yourself with the knowledge about outsourcing first before doing it.
But how do you know when it’s time to ask the help of an offshore team in handling your customers? When can you finally say that it’s time to delegate inbound call services? Well, businesses belonging to above industries outsource inbound call services to:
- Increase bottom lines
- Save time in managing and training staff
- Access quality call center resources
- Maximize the productivity of the in-house team
- Focus on core business processes
- Improve operational efficiency
- Lower down operational costs
- Apply the best practices for inbound call operations
- Gain a competitive edge
If a majority of the above is what you hope for your business, then it’s highly likely that you start your research on outsourcing and seal the deal with a reliable offshore team!
Outsourcing in the Philippines
Who are the major powerhouses of BPO?
- India – US $ 154 Billion in revenue (2017)
- China – US $ 130.9 Billion (2015)
- Philippines – US $ 22.9 Billion in revenue (2016)
Why the Philippines?
- English is our adopted language
- Produce 450,000 college graduates annually
- Has low Philippine currency exchange rates
- Offers the cheapest office spaces in Asia
- Our government supports BPOs with PEZA Tax benefits
- No.1 Trending Country as the Top Voice Outsourcing Destination (according to international research)
- 2nd in non-voice complex services
- Top 3 IT-BPO global locations, after India and China
- In the Top 10 worldwide outsourcing destinations
How do I start outsourcing?
Outsourcing is more than just a way to reduce costs. Its benefits can be astonishing if you outsource to the right BPO company. To guarantee the best value out of your outsourcing venture, follow the steps below.
- Identify the challenge that you want to address through outsourcing.
- Research on outsourcing. Find out the top outsourcing locations in the world and their outsourcing vendors. List the BPO vendors that you deem promising to help you.
- Choose one vendor from your list. Look for its contact information and reach out.
- Explain the challenges you have identified initially. During the exchange, the vendor will ask more about your processes to know which service is the best to help you.
The outcome of the fourth step will determine what will happen next. If the discussion went well, then the next step can be a deeper discussion about your partnership. Otherwise, go back to step number three.