Purpose of the Position
The primary function of the Marketing Researcher / Analyst is to perform desk research (qualitative and quantitative) on macro/mega trends, competitor research, USP, pricing, conferences / events and marketplaces for both the brand and our partners (clients). Ideally to not just collect data, but interpret the data into effective insights to contribute to strategies to scale businesses globally.
- Understanding and interpreting a market research brief, clarifying and refining to ensure that the research meets the objectives of the brief
- Providing key insights on mega and macro-economic global trends upon request
- Utilising primary data (insights) for niche market trends, industry, consumer behaviour research
- Secondary research on local and global competitors including: main competitors, pricing strategy, distribution, demographics, USP and positioning mapping – partner specific
- Contributing to potential pre-scale marketing tactics based on primary data and insights, secondary research and the competitor mapping work
- Ensure thorough research information and sourcing of research is credible to ensure data entered is accurate
- Provide insightful and actionable recommendations
- Extracting and analyzing very large, complex, datasets using a variety of tools
- Researching global marketplaces to identify revenue generating opportunities for the brand’s partners (clients)
Ideal Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Degree or college studies in Business, Marketing, Commerce, Economics, Research/Analysis or related field)
- Ideally 1-3 years experience in a similar position – market research and analysis
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data to multi-task
- Familiarity with CRMs, Citrix and Microsoft applications ideal
- Strong analytical and critical thinking
- Discernment – ability to look in the right place for information.
- Trendspotting – ability to identify trends and patterns that could be a good business investment company.
- Ask questions proactively – need to communicate any issues, feedback, questions and suggestions to help progress Podio or Training material requirements.
- Attention to detail – notice the little things and make comments where applicable on Podio.
- Lateral thinking – not afraid to make suggestions on improvement.
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, and perform research
- Must be a detective by Nature!
- Utilises clear, open and regular communication
- Influences and negotiates with others to achieve positive outcomes
- Contributes actively to team goals
- Seeks and provides constructive feedback
- Proactively adapts to and manages change
- Demonstrates resilience in a constantly changing environment
- High level problem solving skills
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
Contact us: (02) 491 – 7325
Ortigas Branch: 11/F Wynsum Corporate Plaza, #22 F. Ortigas Jr. Road Ortigas Center,Pasig City Philippines
Mandaluyong Branch: 20th Flr Robinsons Cybergate 3, Pioneer St., Mandaluyong